Detailed market commentary at The Market Ticker and Ticker Classics
(The Year 2012 In Review)
Donations accepted; we offer GOLD ACCESS for enhanced privileges. T-Shirts, caps, coffee mugs? Click here.
BlogTalkRadio - Mondays at 3:30 Central - Yes, TickerGuy has a radio show (kinda)
RSS available You are not signed on; if you are a visitor please register for a free account!
|MarketTicker Forums Single Post Display (Show in context)||
User: Not logged on
|User Info||Reports of Sales Up - My value drops - Bleh!; entered at 2012-07-11 12:07:04|
Redwolf, same here. I'm just tired of waiting. |
I put an offer in on a property the other day, it wasn't accepted. My offer was for a little over 70% of the tax assessment, and slightly more than they paid just before the bubble. They countered with a price that was almost 20k more (putting it at about 79% of tax assessment). I turned it down and told the realtor that if somebody wants it worse than me, have at it. If the owners change their minds, call me.
Looked at another one today. I don't know WTF they were smoking on the tax assessment, but it's listed at 62.5% of the assessed value and at 69% of what the owners paid at the peak. It's a short sale, but not in bad shape at all. I might put in an even lower offer.
Now that I'm starting to see some signs of reality hitting here, I'm wondering if I should wait just a *little* bit longer (like until the end of the year).